After having a few hours to digest the most recent COVID-19 update we are updating you on the plan based on what we have in front of us currently. Remember this is a very volatile virus we are dealing with and there could be 5 other plans before all this is said and done. Knowing this, we will make changes as need be.
The good news is we are going to be have a Camping Season, albeit later than normal. Whereas normally May 9th weekend was early setup weekend, actual camping would of started for 95% of campers on the May Long weekend, that being the weekend of May 15th to 18th. We have decided we will replace lost days in May by staying open until Oct 15th which will take care of Thanksgiving Weekend. Now based on the latest report for re-opening we are still losing the Month of June from our season. We still have some hope that if all goes well with the virus over the next 28 days the July date could be looked at again. (Just my personal opinion)
If you lose a month of camping your seasonal fees will be adjusted to reflect this. We don’t need to get in to dollar amounts at this time because it’s a moving target and we could discuss amounts now and have to adjust later. Trust us our campers will be treated fairly at the end of the day. This will be a very challenging camping season for Jessie and I, but we have no intentions of passing any of our hardships on to you, our campers, that have contributed to our success over the past 12 years.
Thank You, Stay Safe and be Careful who you chose to Double Bubble with.
Ivan & Jessie Hapgood
Owners Jack’s Pond Park