>


Park History

Jack's Pond Park was founded in 1959 and was originally operated by the Provincial Government until the mid 1990's, at which time it was operated by Lew Osmond as Putt n' Paddle Campground. Mr. Osmond operated the campground until it was bought out by the present owners Jessie & Ivan Hapgood in 2007.

The first Park Ranger was Mr. Ernest Hollet of Arnold's Cove. Mr. Hollet and his family lived on the site for a number of years. There is now a playground on site that the Hapgood's have dedicated in the memory of Mr. Hollett.

This park has been used for years and is mostly filled to capacity with campers from the Burin and Bonavista Penninsula's, as well from the Isthmus and Eastern Newfoundland, as well as the traveling public.

                             
Copyright 2011 - Jack's Pond Park - All Rights Reserved                                   Site Designed by Silverhawk Promotions